The other day I was doing my regular shopping for my healthy recipes and I found quinoa pop. I was used to make quinoa pop at home (as easy as making pop corn, but quicker) but the home made doesn’t look as good as the bought one.
My daughter loves a chocolate bar I always buy her, made with 60% dark chocolate and quinoa pop, so I thoght I might as well make it for her, but I forgot to buy the chocolate to melt, so I decided that in the meantime, I could of make something different. So I used half of the quinoa to make this coconut covered quinoa balls, which are so easy you can make them with your kids (you know they love eating what they cook) and there is no “real cooking” involved, so it’s absolutely safe to do with them.
I’m not going to list again the amazing properties of the quinoa because I’ve done it already in previous posts, so I better crack on with the recipe!!
Here it is 🙂
- 50 g quinoa pop
- 4 pitted dates
- 50 g walnuts
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (you can avoid it if you don't have it)
- 1/3 liquid honey
- coconut to cover
- Place in a bowl the quinoa pop.
- In a food processor, add the dates and walnuts and blend until you get a paste that will be added to the quinoa.
- Melt the coconut oil and add it to the bowl as well as the honey.
- Mix well.
- Put a drop of sunflower oil in your hands (so the balls don't get stuck to your hands) and start forming balls that you will roll over the coconut.
- Place the balls in a plate or container and take them to the fridge for 30-60 minutes so they harden a little bit.
- And enjoy!!!