Let’s start the week with a delicious and quick truffles recipe that’s ideal for those who are with the “back to school” season. Healthy, gooey, sweet, chocolatey…and the best of all, doesn’t need any cooking. They are ideal for those busy days when you want to spoil your loved ones with something nice but don’t have much time. As well, they can be made with the little ones and they will take as little as 10 minutes plus 30 minutes in the fridge to set.
Contains walnuts, so you can skip them in case of allergies and just add some other dried fruit such as red berries, or seeds, such as sunflower’s. Some orange peel for an orange-chocolate flavour would be nice too.
They don’t contain any sugar at all, all the sweetness comes from the pitted dates.
And here’s the recipe
- 30 medjool pitted dated
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp 100% cocoa powder (mine was from Ecuador)
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- dried coconut or more cocoa powder to coat.
- Place all the ingredients (but the coconut) in the food processor and blend at max. power until you get a smooth paste that becomes a big ball in your processor.
- Taste the "dough" and add more of any of the ingredients if needed (to taste)
- Place in a ball and roll with your hands little balls of the size of a walnut with the shell.
- Roll them in the coconut or cocoa powder (it can be as well crushed walnuts, chocolate sprinkles...) and place them in a small plate.
- Once all the truffles are made, put them in the fridge for about 30 minutes to harden.
- And enjoy!!!